Cambourne is a new settlement in Cambridgeshire, England, in the district of South Cambridgeshire, comprising the villages of Lower, Great, Upper and West Cambourne.
Cambourne Village College is the only Secondary school in Cambourne
There are 4 primary schools in Cambourne:
- Jeavons Wood Primary School
- Hardwick & Cambourne Community Primary School: Cambourne Campus
- Monkfield Park Primary School
- The Vine Inter-Church Primary School
Monlfield Medical Practice is the only surgery in Cambourne, to register see the details here.
Cambourne Town Council
The Town Council is the tier of local government closest to the people.
Location: The Hub, High Street, Great Cambourne CB23 6GW
South Cambridgeshire District Council
The second tier of government for Cambourne is South Cambridgeshire District Council and the third tier is Cambridgeshire County Council.
Location: South Cambridgeshire Hall, Cambourne Business Park, Great Cambourne, Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6EA
To Contact the District Council: Tel: 01954 713000 or Website
For New Muslims in Cambourne
We pray Jum’ah, Taraweeh, Fajr and Isha in congregation. During summer months we also pray Maghrib in congregation. Since we do not have a permanent place, we hire community spaces (usually NCP, Blue Space and Hub) from the Town Council for the congregations.
Prayer Times and Venues are on the daily/monthly calendar.
- About & Admission form: www.cambournecrescent.org/service/school
- Students are taught Quran and Islamic Studies
- Students are taught how to read, write and speak modern standard Arabic.
- Term time on Sunday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm in CVC
- Also runs a pre-GCSE class for Arabic to help students with the exams
- We also have classes for adults who are interested in learning the language
Please note that,
- the child must be in year 1 to start the school
- filling the form does not guarantee an admission, places will be subject to availability
According to 2021 census, there are 2,744 muslims in South Cambridgeshire, and about 6% Muslims in Cambourne.
Please remember to fill the Gift Aid form (here)