As Muslims, it’s our duty to help the needy in our neighbourhood. We have had suggestions from our Muslim community to help the Cambourne Church with the Foodbank it is running.
The Cambourne Distribution Centre of the Cambridge City Foodbank (CCFB) has sessions in the Old Blue School (just behind the church building) every Thursday morning 10.00am-12.00pm.
CCFB operates as part of the Trussell Trust network, which coordinates the largest network of food banks nationally. Foodbanks offer three days of emergency food for individuals and families in crisis. To be able to receive food from the food bank a voucher is required. There are several voucher holders in Cambourne, for example, family workers, all GPs at Monkfield Medical Practice, SCDC, the church minister, schools in Cambourne and several others.
Please help local people in crisis by buying items from the CCFB list below:
The most needed items are shown in Italics
- Tinned Vegetables (green beans, peas, carrots, mixed veg, sweetcorn)
- Jars of Pasta Sauce
- Tinned Rice Pudding
- Tinned Fruit
- Granulated Sugar – 500 gram preferred (1kg max)
- Salt & Pepper – small
- Instant Coffee – small jars
- Long Life Fruit Juice
- Cooking Oil – 500 ml preferred (1-litre max)
- Packets of Instant Custard
- Long Life Milk (not Soya, Almond, Oat, etc.)
- Tinned Potatoes or Instant Mash
- Tinned tomatoes
- Tinned Meat
- Tea bags 40 or 80, Breakfast or Everyday (not loose leaf)
- Jams or other spreads
- Pasta ‘n’ sauce mix
* ALL GOODS SHOULD BE UNDAMAGED PLEASE & IF POSSIBLE HAVE LONG BBE DATES.
* It is good to stick to the quantities specified rather than donating really large packets of pasta, etc as it is not easy to divide them up into the boxes.
The students of the Arabic and Islamic school may donate food items once a month, passing it to their class teacher. We aim to develop within the students a strong habit of caring for neighbours and sharing with the needy.
In’sha Allah this will be an on-going effort, and we will provide the food bank with our collections once a month so they can pass it on to those with food vouchers.
If you have any questions about the foodbank service get in touch with us through our contact form.