As Muslims, it’s our duty to help the needy in our neighbourhood. We have had suggestions from our Muslim community to help the Cambourne Church with the Foodbank it is running.
The Cambourne Distribution Centre of the Cambridge City Foodbank (CCFB) has sessions in the Old Blue School (just behind the church building) every Thursday morning 10.00am-12.00pm.
CCFB operates as part of the Trussell Trust network, which coordinates the largest network of food banks nationally. Foodbanks offer three days of emergency food for individuals and families in crisis. To be able to receive food from the food bank a voucher is required. There are several voucher holders in Cambourne, for example, family workers, all GPs at Monkfield Medical Practice, SCDC, the church minister, schools in Cambourne and several others.
Please help local people in crisis by buying items from the CCFB list below:
The most needed items are listed below –
- Tinned Meat
- Pasta Sauce
- Tinned Tomatoes
- Tinned Meals (chicken in sauce, beef casserole)
- Cooking Oil – 500 ml preferred (1-litre max)
- Instant Mash / Tinned Potatoes
- Salt & Pepper – small
- Instant Coffee – small jars
- Tinned Rice Pudding or Custard / Long-life sponge
- Jams or other spreads
* ALL GOODS SHOULD BE UNDAMAGED PLEASE & IF POSSIBLE HAVE LONG BBE DATES.
* It is good to stick to the quantities specified rather than donating really large packets of pasta, etc as it is not easy to divide them up into the boxes.
The students of the Arabic and Islamic school may donate food items once a month, passing it to their class teacher. We aim to develop within the students a strong habit of caring for neighbours and sharing with the needy.
In’sha Allah this will be an on-going effort, and we will provide the food bank with our collections once a month so they can pass it on to those with food vouchers.
If you have any questions about the foodbank service get in touch with us through our contact form.